Quality management for service supply organizations in the petroleum industry is ever-changing due to increasing demands from customers to adopt new standards and avoid future catastrophes. The API Spec Q2 standard outlines a risk-based quality management system as compared to a processed-based management system. API Spec Q2 is now fully implemented and accepting applications for certification from organizations around the world. This certification is rapidly becoming a requirement for many service supply organizations and will expand to become a global mandate in the near future.
Applicants must have procedures in place to address dozens of key QMS elements. These pertain to risk assessment, contingency planning, management of change, service-related product, process design, supply chain controls, and service quality planning. Other requirements involve preventive maintenance, inspection and test and the competency of personnel. According to John Modine, API’s vice president of Global Industry Services, “Any drilling service provider who is in compliance with the requirements can now receive API Spec Q2 certification.”
SAM API Q2 Solution
Accupoint’s web-based solution is an easy-to-use API Spec Q2 management system designed to ensure that compliance requirements are managed and monitored consistently. Using the latest technology and industry best practices, SAM™ streamlines the process and ensures an easy integration into this new standard. In addition, the solution is accessible from any web enabled device and connects multiple locations with real-time communications and up-to-date records and information.
The SAM™ platform simplifies management of the requirements of API Spec Q2 standard, allowing for easy integration and compliance. It addresses all the key required components including;
Obtaining API Q2 certification is just the first step. Ensuring your quality management system stays compliant is the next. With 43 integrated modules and 85 built-in reports, administration and surveillance of the API Spec Q2 requirements is ensured. Contact us for any additional questions you may have on how to implement and maintain an API Spec Q2 quality Management program.
Regardless of the industry you work in, calibration is one of those things you simply cannot overlook. Inspection equipment needs to function reliably and accurately. Calibration ensures consistency and is a requirement of quality management standards across the globe. In this week’s blog will examine four key steps to ensure that your organization is ready for your next audit.
The Calibration process does not have to be time consuming. With the right systems in place, you will be prepared for any audit, as well as have the peace of mind that comes with protecting yourself from liability. For more information on how Accupoint Software can help simplify the calibration process, contact us today.
For more information on Accupoint Software's SAM Q2 platform or to schedule a demonstration, please contact us today.
With the changing landscape of the oil and gas industry, companies are under increasing pressure to improve operational efficiencies as prices continue to remain low and margins are narrowed. In order to reduce costs and increase efficiency, many service supply organizations are implementing API Spec Q2.
Accupoint’s SAM™ solution ensures compliance and the correct documentation to meet the API Q2 requirements. It defines strategies, goals and best practices and the means to secure them. Our system provides industry best practices for all components including: service quality, risk assessment, employee training, document control, MOC, corrective actions and preventive maintenance. A comprehensive solution may seem difficult for an industry with such vast core areas to cover; however, incorporating common standards of practice is essential to realizing integrated process management and operational excellence simultaneously.
The bottom line: API Spec Q2 tells your customers that you are at the top of your class and aiming for the best in quality and delivery of services, ultimately ensuring customer loyalty, operational efficiency and growth.
Please contact us today for more information on our family of quality management systems specific to the petroleum industry.
Your company's ability to promptly respond to your customers' needs hinges in great part upon your suppliers' efficiency. While price should always be a key consideration when evaluating suppliers, there are other factors that also should be considered. Below are five supplier evaluation best practices to help ensure that you select a capable, top-notch supplier.
1) Assess the supplier's resources and scalability. A supplier should have the manpower, tools, and facilities to support your company's continued growth. Additionally, the suppliers you choose should be able to handle large orders or requests without significant delays.
2) Visit the supplier's operations. A live visit to a supplier's headquarters can be an eye-opening experience. Ideally, you should choose suppliers with clean, well-illuminated, organized facilities. Equipment should be well maintained and employees should demonstrate keen attention to safety protocol.
3) Ask suppliers to outline their quality control procedures. Quality control procedures are vital to ensuring that products undergo a thorough inspection prior to dispatch. A good way to assess a supplier's commitment to quality control procedures is to find out if the supplier conducts internal audits on a regular basis.
4) Request references. A robust collection of glowing references from legitimate clients is a great indicator of a supplier's ability to meet your needs. Make sure that you contact each reference provided and ask whether the supplier was able to deliver products in accordance with cited promise dates.
5) Verify the supplier's certifications and accreditations. Industry certifications indicate that a supplier demonstrates a commitment to continued quality improvement and consistency in operations. Ideally, suppliers should possess ISO 9001 certification and Accredited Company Training Schemes (ACTS).
We invite you to contact us to learn more about our supply chain management solutions. We can help you separate the most accomplished suppliers from those that may not have the resources to promptly respond to your needs. We look forward to helping you expand your supplier network!